Friday, March 18, 2011

Confession Session

They say that confession is good for the soul (trust me, I'm Catholic.  I know these things).  With that I have a confession to make, oddly enough about a Catholic tradition - sacrifice during Lent.  I'm sure you are aware that during for the 40 days before Lent Catholics tend to give something up in order to remember the sacrifice that Jesus made for us.  By forgoing something, we are reminded each time we are tempted to do that thing we have given up of the sacrifice of Jesus.

Well, ladies,  I must confess that I.am.struggling. with what I have up this year - senseless spending.  Meaning, the only things I am buying are food and products that I already use.  For example, it's perfectly acceptable for me to buy shampoo because I use that on a regular basis.  It's ok to buy foundation/mascara/eyeliner if I run out since I use it everyday.  What's NOT acceptable is buying more eyeshadow (because I have a lot) or nail polish (because I have plenty to choose from).  This of course goes beyond makeup to include clothing, shoes, accessories - you get the picture.

In the short time that I have been doing this, I realized something.

It's hard. 

I'm pathetic.

I'd like to say that this experience is drawing me close to God, but really I'm just kicking myself every time I see something I want to buy.  But I'm sticking with it and maybe every time I feel tempted I should say a prayer.  Maybe that will help me, but it's so hard when I want to buy:


Rose Rings from LizHutnick on Etsy


Heritage Cardigans from Land's End Canvas
(One in every color preferably)

NARS blush in Orgasm


Marc Jacobs Daisy

They tease, they wink, they beckon...

And really that's only scratching the surface.  Oh Easter, please hurry up and get here quickly so that I can buy myself something from this list!  


2 comments:

  1. I love that color nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...my personal opinion...once you a able to shop again get that Essie polish - the color is fab! Get the perfume, I have it and its the best...perfect for summer! And Nars Blush in Ograsm is perfection!

    You're doing a good thing and I admire it! But once Easter hits...go shopping and post all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...