Monday, November 1, 2010

Now I'm Haunted

So I fell off the wagon.  I didn't complete the 30 day Challenge and I really, really wanted to.  It's just, life got in the way, you know?  Or maybe my laziness got in the way.  Or maybe both.  Either way, I won't be completing it and that's just the way the cookie crumbles. 

I'm in a bumming kind of mood.  There's a lot going on, and I find when other areas of my life are blowing up in my face, the infertility thing just is magnified by a million.  Then to add insult to injury, everyone announces they are pregnant, and I'm left feeling even worse than I felt before. 

I'm sorry.  This isn't a very uplifting post is it? 

It's just today was ick.  Three people got laid off at work between Friday and today.  This is the latest in a series that has spanned the entire year.  Since the beginning of the year nearly 20 people have gotten laid off from my work.  Which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a small company, made even smaller now.  It's really hard to deal with all of it. 

Then I'm driving home, happy to be free, singing to some new Taylor Swift and CRACK!  A rock comes and hits my windshield leaving a nice crack in it.  Now this wouldn't be so bad because in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky our insurance companies but replace/repair the windshield free of charge - one per year.  Excellent!  Only did you see that one per year thing?  Yeah, I already claimed mine - less than two months ago.  Yes, that's right.  This has already happened to me once this year and that was less than two months ago.  Two months!  And did I mentioned it happened in the exact same spot on the expressway?  Words cannot describe my anger. 

Then I come home to find some solace.  Well I shouldn't have looked to blogs/Facebook for that.  I saw that two new people were pregnant which just irritates me.  I should probably back up a bit here.  I was already a little irritated with the whole thing when I logged on FB last night and every single picture that had been uploaded were of babies.  Babies, babies, babies.  It depressed me to no end.  Then to find that more people are pregnant?  It's salt in wounds, people.  Salt.in.wounds.

And now I should really go do some laundry, but I think I'm just going to listen to more Taylor Swift and wallow in my pity. 

Tomorrow will be happier.  I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...