Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Sorry, Sir! I Have an Addiction!

Hi, my name is MrsBill and I have an addiction.  That addiction is buying beauty products.  I.cannot.stop.  I understand that this is not something that new or groundbreaking as I'm sure most other ladies feel the same way.  While I don't spend a ton of money on any one individual product I try to be smart about what I do buy.  I hate to take a risk and buy something only to not like it.  If I'm going to buy something, I want to be sure that I'll use what I'm buying.  I just hate to waste.  That's why YouTube has been very helpful.  If you've ever watched any YouTube Beauty videos, you have seen that they often do "current loves" or "monthly favorites".  So since I'm currently trying all kinds of new items, I thought I would do something similar here on the ole' blog so here are my current favorites:


Nail Polishes - Sally Hansen's "Commander in Chic" and OPI's "Lincoln Park after Dark"

There are two colors that I'm really loving right now.  Currently I am wearing Lincoln Park after Dark and it's the first time I've worn it.  There is just something I like about black nails.  My husband asks if I'm feeling goth and like no one loves me.  I happen to think they look chic.  Commander in Chic is a great grey-ish purple color.  I love both formulas too, but I'm thinking I may like the Sally Hansen just a bit better.  Plus the brush is a bit angled and at first I hated it, but now I've found that I love it.  You should try it out if you haven't already.

St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub

I have been using this product for about a week now, and I think I can say that I'm officially in love.  Is it wrong to be in love with a beauty product?  Don't answer that.  I feel like since I was a teenager I have been trying to find a good face cleanser that will keep my skin clear.  So far this has been working wonderfully.  It's like a pimple will pop up over night and by the next day the thing has reduced dramatically.  I always swore by another product but it really doesn't even compare to this.  And the best part?  I only paid $3.50 for it at Wal-Mart.  I.am.in.love and I don't care who knows it!

Cover Girl Shimmering Sands Trio
This is really by far one of my favorite eye shadows and it's by Cover Girl.  I like that it gives a nice neutral eye look and isn't too shimmery or overpowering.  It blends perfectly and the colors are really pigmented.  This picture was taken with a flash so that last color looks more white, but in person it's a bit more pink.  I like to use that color on my inner corner and as my highlight.  It really is a great drugstore find.


E.L.F Eye Shadow Brush

For being $1.00 this brush is amazing.  I use it everyday and it really packs the color on.  I feel like it puts a lot of color on and places it on nicely.  I hate when it seems like the brush just soaks up all the products and you left with a slight dusting on your face.  This doesn't do that at all and you really can't beat a dollar!

So there you have my current favorite products.  As always, no one paid me to say these nice things I just felt like saying them because they're all true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...