Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Great Kentucky Debate (A Rant)

Generally, if you are from Kentucky, you either fall into one of two categories:

  1. UK Fan
  2. U of L Fan
There are a few people who dissent from both and follow either UC or Xavier (and in some really odd and bizarre cases Duke).

In this house we fall into the first category - UK fans.  Now, I'm not as big of a fan as my husband, but I do support the Big Blue over those stupid Cardinals any day of the week.

And living in the great commonwealth of Kentucky, I know how UK fans can be.  They can be a bit... obnoxious.  They like to count out their National Championships (seven) and talk about how they are the winningest program (first collegiate team with over 2,000 wins) and they like to talk about how great and wonderful and storied their program is.  I get it.  I get why a lot of people who aren't UK fans hate UK fans.

What I don't get?  Is why those people *cough*U of L/UC/etc. fans *cough* like to blow up my twitter and facebook spouting off about how "terrible" UK is and how it's "funny" when they are losing.  It is especially annoying when no one is saying anything bad to them about their teams.  No one is saying that it's pathetic they play no name schools.  No one is saying UC?  Who is that?  No one is bothering them, so why for the love of all that is holy do they blow up my news feed with this garbage?  Are they that bored that they have nothing better to do with their time?  Is their team that terrible that they have to watch UK just to be entertained?  And why do they have to harp on my husband who says nothing bad about their teams?  It is extremely irritating to me.  If you couldn't tell.

I guess the point of this entry is... well there is no point other than me just spouting off.  So there's that. Oh and...

GO BIG BLUE!!!
(for just the mere fact of making the haters shut up about it already!!)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...