Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What's In a Name?

Day 2 of the 30 Day Challenge asks us to explain the meaning behind the blog name.  Mine is obviously, "It's the Journey and the Destination".  I chose this because one of the biggest challenges I have had to face in my life is infertility.  I am certainly not one of those people who go through life and things just come easily or things get handed to them.  However, I never thought that I would have to struggle or work for my God given right to reproduce. It just doesn't make sense.  But who am I to judge what does or doesn't make sense?  I figure that God has a plan for me.  That maybe, he gave me this struggle so that I might learn something from it.  So often we get caught up in the destination, the end point, the goal that we don't focus on the how or the why.  We just want what we want and we want it NOW!  For me this struggle is about the journey and the destination and figuring out just what it is I am supposed to take away from all this.

So far on my journey, I have figured out these things:

  • Infertility is expensive.  No amount of budgeting or planning will ever cover the costs.
  • There are going to be sacrifices along the way.  But what dream doesn't come with those?
  • Your relationship with your spouse will be tested time and time again.  
  • My husband is amazing and beyond supportive.  I never knew how strong our relationship was until we faced this together.  I guess we are lucky in that aspect.
  • Your faith will be tested.  
  • Sometimes I don't have as much faith as I should.
And those are just a few things.   I am hoping that my destination in this journey is to have a child rather that be one of my own or adopted, but I am keeping my mind open.  Maybe it will just be me and my husband and our dog.  I'm ok with that as long as that's where I'm supposed to be.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing with us! I know that God has a plan for you and I hope and pray that it is revealed to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just wish I could hurry up and see what the plan was - I'm sure you can understand!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...