Monday, January 10, 2011

Am I the Only One?

The other night while I was sitting in my car for 2+ hours, I had a lot of time to think, which is bad for me because my mind tends to wander is various directions.  Anyway, I was listening to Pandora (the Taylor Swift channel, as if you had to ask) and Rascal Flats came on, more than once.  And each time that whiny singing started I groaned loudly and switched it to the next song as soon as possible.  This got me thinking.  I know they are a fairly popular country music group, so am I the only one that cannot STAND them?  I don't know what it is.  I think it's the lead singer's voice.  It's so whiny, and I don't know what.  It just really grates on my nerves.  And the more I type about it, the more annoyed I get!  The funny thing is, I used to like them.  So what changed?  I don't know, maybe my hearing changed and I just can't handle that sound.

So then this lead me to think of other things that people to tend to LOVE and I generally have no tolerance for.  Case in point - Grey's Anatomy.  For years, I have heard people go on and on about how wonderful and amazing this show is.  I have seen maybe 2 episodes ever and I really just don't get it.  Isn't it just ER with some different characters?  For real.  I just don't get the idea of having one show concept and 50 different shows.  Like all the vampire shows.  It's like someone has one good idea and everyone and their brother has to jump on the bandwagon.  I like new and original things for the most part.  So if maybe someone could explain to me what is so different and wonderful about this show, maybe I could understand why it's so popular.

While I'm on the subject of Vampire things, let's look at the original fad that started the whole thing, Twilight.  I gave into the hype, I read the books.  And...  yeah.  They were decent enough.  I read them all and read them pretty quickly, but in the end, I could have done without them.  I just didn't think they were the most wonderful things ever.  And Edward?  I think he's a douche.  Yeah, you read that right.  I totally just called him a douche.  Whatever.  I don't find the whole vampire thing exciting or attractive.  I find Edward himself to be overbearing and possessive.  Ladies, generally these are not attractive qualities in a man, so why does everyone swoon over Edward?  Don't even get me started on those movies.  Because my left foot could do a better job of acting than Kristen Stewart. 

So am I the only one that does not like things.  Surely there has got to be someone out there who feels the same... right?

Are there popular fads out there that you feel like you're the only one who doesn't like them?  I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you!! I don't mind the RF but I do haaaaate Taylor Swsift. Sorry, but the girl can not sing live and it bugs me so bad how people go crazy for her. Ugh! Let's just agree to disagree on her. :)

    I think Grey's is dumb too! I tried to get into it and it bored me. And the vampires? Weird!! At least Harry Potter is well written and the movies are well acted. Twlight is a crime against cinema.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...