Thursday, January 6, 2011

Grab Bag

This week has been crazy since I have started my NEW JOB!!!  I just love saying that.  It makes me feel a special and warm and fuzzy.  Lame, I know, but that's just me.  So since not much has gone on this week, I thought I would just share some random odds and ends.

The J-O-B
First of all, I really like it so far.  I won't go as far as to say that I love it because I don't want to be one of those girls who goes too fast and gets all giddy in love before the relationship has fully formed.  However, I will say that so far, so good.  I don't want to divulge too much information about what I do because these here are the interwebs and you really can never be too careful, but I'm happy with it.  It is a good marriage of a lot of my interests and my talents.  There is a lot to learn, but it's manageable.  I don't look it and have this feeling that I'll never learn it.  The people are wonderful so far.  Everyone is so nice and welcoming.  You know how every group seems to have at least one Scrooge?  I haven't found one yet, and I've met everyone - which wasn't hard since it's a very small company.

Make-up/Beauty
Yeah, I'm going to be lame and write about this.  As I mentioned previously, I have a new interest in watching YouTube Beauty Guru's.  I know that people have probably been watching these videos for years, but I just found them, so to me, they are brand spankin' new.  I now have an interest in using makeup in different ways and trying new products.  While all this fun, I feel like my skin in taking a beating.  I have never had good skin.  Actually I feel like as a teenager, I had decent skin, but as I've gotten older it's gotten worse.  I have been trying to find some affordable products that will help, but along the way I have found aspirin masks.  Now again, there are probably some of you reading this that know all about them, but to me they are new so I'm going to share.  



Basically you just take some aspirin, crush them, mix a few drops of water, a dollop of honey and mix together.  It makes a paste that you smear on your face and leave it there for about twenty minutes.  I just tried it tonight so I can't tell you if it's helped my skin or not, but I can tell you that it has left my skin feeling soft and smooth.  I would show you a picture, but I'm not brave enough for that!

Droid
The husband and I are super cool and finally entered the world of Android and Apps.  We got the LG Optimus from Sprint and I think the best part of getting it was, it was free.

via here

So if you have a Droid or know of some good apps that I have to have, let me know!

Weekend
I'm so ready for the weekend.  While I am liking(loving) the new job, I am ready for the weekend.  We have no major plans yet, which are the best kinds of weekends.  The husband does have a basketball game to coach tomorrow night so I am having some girls over for a girls night.  I'm so excited about this, as I rarely do things like this.  We plan on watching a movie, ordering pizza, calling boys, fixing each other's hair and playing light as a feather stiff as a board.  Ok, we're not really doing all those things.  I'll let you figure out which are real and which are fake.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is having a great week and I hope to actually write something of substance soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...