Thursday, January 13, 2011

What to Do?

I hereby dedicate this entry to my wonderful husband (also known as my number one blog fan) who often asks that I post more and then complains when I post (too much) about things like the snow.  Well today dear husband, enjoy this entry and let me know what you think!

As I have said before, I have a new found love for YouTube beauty gurus.  I absolutely love watching the videos and learning how to do techniques, especially using products that I already own.  The down side to watching these videos, is that I often find myself wanting to buy everything under the sun (within reason).  While I am growing my love for all things makeup, I'm trying to be reasonable about it.  Would MAC makeup be better quality vs. other brands?  Yes, probably.  Do I have money to run out every other day and buy these products every time a guru raves about them?  No, I do not.  Possibly because I have to be "adult" and pay things like the "mortgage" and "bills".  And I know that these products will last longer because they are of better quality, etc, etc.  I just can't bring myself to spend big bucks on these products either.  (And as a side note, I am NOT judging people who buy these things.  Some people probably would not spend the money I do on purses.  It's just your preferences).  I believe that I can find great deals on drugstore items that work just as well or are good dupes for more expensive things. 

With that in mind, I visited the e.l.f. website tonight.  Which, ok.  That was a mistake.  I started looking around and finding items that I have seen reviewed or mentioned on YouTube.  I decided to put things in my shopping bag just to see how much everything would be.  When I hit checkout, I noticed they were running a deal on their makeup brushes - 50% off.  50% off people!!!  Do you know how much that is?!  That's half off!  So now, I'm sitting here torn.  I have a shopping bag full of 9 items that is totaling out at $18.95 (which includes shipping) and I just don't know if I should pull the trigger.  I don't know why I'm being so batty about it.  That's less than a dollar per item - for makeup!  I know it's not the best quality, but for less than a dollar an item, that's hard to pass up!  There's some cute things in there like this lipstick (shade is Nicely Nude):

via here





I know I sounds like a lunatic worrying about $18, but keep in mind that I started a new job and I won't get paid until February.  So that's a whole loooooooong month.  But this is a sale.  A 50% off sale.  Did I mention that?  Because it's definitely worth mentioning. 

So what say you, husband?  Should I take advantage of this awesome deal that ends on the 17th and who knows when it will ever come around again?  Or should I save my pennies like a good little girl?

And just so we're clear, I'm raving about this sale/products because I want to.  No one paid me or gave me anything.  From what I understand it's a big deal if you don't disclose this or if we don't disclose that you got paid, but because I don't want any scary government agencies coming after me, I'm just going to throw that out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...