Monday, January 3, 2011

Today is Never Too Late to be Brand New

My goodness, it has been a bit since I have written.  I have wanted to write, especially after my husband scolded me for not writing, but once you step away for even a minute its hard to get to it sometimes.  You know what I mean?  Since we last spoke, there has been a lot going on.  You know there was that little thing known as the holidays and oh yeah, I quit my job.  Don't worry.  I didn't go crazy and quit so that I could find myself or the meaning of life and happiness (although that doesn't sound all that terrible).  I quit because I found a new job!!!  This is exciting to me on so many levels.  It's one of those things that I never thought would happen so I am extremely happy that I found a job that suits me.  While I miss everyone I worked with, it was beyond necessary to get a new job.  Last Thursday was my last day and it was incredibly hard.  I love my (ex)boss and saying goodbye to my first job was difficult, but I'm excited to start this new year on a new foot.  It's like I have a new lease on life. 

My sad looking cubie on my last day.  I wish I would have taken a before picture because it was much cuter before.  However, I do believe in my new job I'll be upgrading to an office.  Movin' on up!! 

   



Besides leaving my job of 3+ years, the husband I celebrated the holidays.  We both had a fantastic Christmas in which I got pretty much everything I wanted.  Ok, I just re-read that last statement, and can you say spoiled much?  I really didn't mean for it to come off that way.  Probably my most favorite gift was my Pandora charm bracelet.   
For Christmas I received the bracelet, the two stoppers and the pink dangle charm which is for my birth month.  I added the turtle for Delta Zeta and the glass charm for my new job.

Some other items I was patiently awaiting to get were Fancy by Jessica Simpson (don't judge), a gray blazer from Kohl's and some make up brushes.  

Christmas Eve/Christmas Day my husband I spent traveling all over God's creation.  We try and fit both our families in on both days and somehow we make it work.   

The whole fam damily.  This is my mom's side of the family.  She is one of seven - six girls and 1 boy.  I'm in the back center with the gray sweater.
For New Year's Eve, the husband and I laid low and just had a few people over to the house.  Neither of us is huge for NYE.  To me, it's just another day and you get the day off work.  We had a great time though:






And in my free time between quitting my job and celebrating the holidays, I have grown a new obsession with You Tube Makeup Guru's - because I'm awesome like that.  Has anyone else ever watched these videos?  I have learned so much, and at the same time want to buy all kinds of thing, which isn't good for the old wallet, but I'm obsessed!  It's so much fun to watch.  If you've never seen any check out LolaMarie7 or Makeupbytiffanyd.  They are my favorite so far.

So I suppose for right now, that's a good catch up, right?  I'm really trying to write a lot more in the new year.  I guess I will have to count on my husband to help keep me on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...